AmigaActive (1078/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:14 May 2000 at 14:01:12
Subject:Re: Ident port

Samuel Byford said,

>>> So - question is, whats the Ident port and how do I close it??

> <snip nice extensive explanation>

> Thanks for that. I hadnt realised that this was exactly the same as what was
> being talked about on the Netconnect list (IDENTD was talked about)

Ident is the name of the service. A daemon to handle a service is
usually named after the service with a "d" appended. popd, smtpd, ircd,
named etc.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Dolly Parton-- silicone based life

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.